LogNTrack helps to identify productivity issues
Productivity is the keystone of every successful business. Productive employees add value, so understanding how employees work is imperative to building a good business reputation. LogNTrack provides insight into employees’ work by identifying the following productivity issues:
1.LogNTrack spots unproductive time
Unproductive time means the time spent doing activities that do not relate to work during working hours. This could include social media use, visiting non-work-related websites, regular coffee breaks, chatting with colleagues on-the-job, online shopping, or any activity that could distract you from your tasks and adversely affect your performance.
LogNTrack reports show:
- How much time employees spend working and the amount of time wasted on activities not related to work.
- How employees are distracted from performing their work duties during working hours.
- The exact distractions that keep employees from doing their job.
- What applications are contributing to your company projects, and much more.
These reports help pinpoint unproductive activities that waste time. Here is an interesting case study:
A Canadian rescue medical service company was faced with a concern. They suspected their remote employees were overcharging them. They decided to implement employee monitoring to find out how much time their remote staff actually spent working.
So, they contacted LogNTrack. After using our employee monitoring software, the company’s CEO gave the following feedback “LogNTrack statistics showed that some of the remote employees spent most of their working time reading the news and browsing the net instead of doing what they were paid to do. Now, LogNTrack helps us save approximately $7,500 per employee every year”.
2. LogNTrack shows how the internet is used during business hours
Surfing the net may seem like an innocuous pastime, but it becomes a big business problem when it starts eating into paid working hours. A LogNTrack study states that the average employee spends at least three to four hours a day on personal internet activities. Now, if your employees are visiting gaming websites, spending time on YouTube, socializing on Facebook or Twitter, or responding to private emails instead of working during business hours, your business may suffer. (According to statistics, non-work related Internet surfing results in a 40% loss of productivity each year for American companies).
- Show how much time employees spend browsing the internet.
- Show the exact websites/URLs employees visit during working hours.
3. LogNTrack spots idle time
Idle time refers to time spent away from the computer when no mouse or keyboard activity is detected. When employees engage in activities such as spending time on their phones, frequent coffee breaks, chatting with employees, or any event where the computer is not in use – idle computer time grows.
LogNTrack reports show:
- How much time is spent away from the computer?
- Reports also indicate discrepancies in logins and excessive idle times while employees are logged in.
Let’s cite another real-life case study:
Another LogNTrack case study shows how employees of a Dutch Business Travel Club spent their working hours unsupervised.
Being a very busy person, the business owner, Ashish ., was often on the move. Some of the office staff were suspected of not being as productive as expected. Their colleagues claimed that they were either idle or engaged in personal internet activities whenever the club owner was away. The owner of the business travel company decided to implement LogNTrack Cloud, a cloud-based employee monitoring solution developed by Daynil Group., to monitor the productivity of her employees.
LogNTrack Cloud gave insights into her employee’s idle time and personal Internet use (results showed that only about one-third of the staff dedicated their time to work, while the rest were “idle” during working hours). These reports were delivered to the employees, corporate policies were put in place, and since then, her employees have been able to make adjustments and maintain the work discipline.
4. LogNTrack detects false overtimes
Undoubtedly, behind every successful business, there are engaged and dedicated employees. There are instances where employees can claim to work hours that exceed designated working hours. In actuality, they spend working time slacking and eventually doing a few extra hours to make up for the time already wasted. This is false overtime. Employers may not tell whether the overtime claims are valid or malevolent without monitoring employees’ working time. Ultimately, the impact of false overtime shows itself in the company finances.
LogNTrack reports help:
- To decrease the payments associated with bogus overtime.
- Provide comprehensive reports that show if the overtime claims of employees are justified or not.
Another case study worth mentioning:
A Software Development company with many employees and branches across the state had too many overtime claims. The financial department in the H.Q. was determined to cut as many overtime claims as possible to save corporate finances. The management staff came up with a solution to use an automated employee monitoring scheme. Having compared the licensing conditions of employee monitoring software on the market, they decided to implement LogNTrack Corporate.
The reports showed that among the employees who claimed overtime:
- 70% of computers were used for non-business purposes during paid hours (social networks and non-insurance-relevant websites).
- 15% were Idle after logging in (possible distractions, e.g., coffee breaks and socializing with colleagues).
- 5% claimed overtime payments for the time they did not work.
- 10% of the overtime claims were reasonable and justified.
5. LogNTrack identifies poor attendance
Frequent absenteeism, reporting late to work regularly, or clocking-in on behalf of other colleagues can cost the company a great deal. It creates a financial burden on the company and, it could also lead to burnout and low morale for hardworking co-workers because they may need to step in to keep the work process going. All these will only lead to one thing-a negative impact on overall productivity over time. LogNTrack provides insights into the following attendance metrics:
- Employee absenteeism.
- User login/logout times.
- Computer/system login name.
- Enhances or replaces the existing check-in/checkout system.
6. LogNTrack pinpoints underperformance
All of the issues mentioned above could lead to under-performance. When an employee continues to miss work, show up late to work, waste time on unproductive activities during paid hours, their performance begins to slip, and the working process becomes disrupted. In addition to the quality of work being affected by poor employee performance, its customers can also suffer. LogNTrack offers reports that help to rectify these issues.
- Identify the top underperformers.
- Assess the quality of the work.
- Identify the high performer and overworked employees/departments.
As previously mentioned, a Software development company of more than 5000 + employees, faced problems relating to inappropriate use of the internet and time management, which took a toll on the overall performance.LogNTrack helped the healthcare organization overcome the issue of underperformance by identifying them. Reports showed that nearly 5% of the employees accessed social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and Google) regularly; this influenced their performance level.